Our Passion + Our Expertise =
Healthy and Sustainable Buildings
ABP makes sustainable design projects a reality. We work hand-in-hand with our clients through all phases of a project to deliver optimized mechanical, lighting and architectural systems. Starting with a project’s intent and sustainability goals, we guide our clients through to the warranty reviews with our integrated whole building approach, providing a unique and successful end-to-end commissioning process.
Whole Building Commissioning Services
Our expert team specializes in commissioning services for green buildings and LEED certification. ABP offers industry-leading best practices for whole building commissioning, design integration assistance, energy optimization support, and indoor environmental quality consulting.
High Performance Building Consulting Services
Using a holistic approach, ABP incorporates green building strategies into the commissioning process, the selection of the facilities’ infrastructure, and establishing ongoing building practices. We work with building owners, developers, and local governments to create innovative solutions for your building needs.
Sustainable Energy Services
ABP provides cost-effective engineering solutions to green building challenges and value-added services in delivering high performing facilities throughout the United States.
Other Areas of Expertise
- Commissioning Advocate – We serve as an advisor and advocate for you. We help formulate a tailored approach to commissioning, re-commissioning and retro- commissioning for your projects and your performance and energy goals.
- LEED Commissioning – We provide a unique commissioning approach tailored to LEED projects to enable your project team in attaining your green design goals. We know all LEED categories, (LEED-NC, LEED-CS, LEED-CI, LEED-Schools, and LEED-EB O&M) as well as versions of LEED from version 1 through the current version 3.0.
- Building Enclosure Commissioning – We work as an independent advisor reviewing the enclosure through the design and construction phases. Proper conception and execution of the building envelope is critical to long-term resilience. Field and lab testing may be incorporated to help deliver a high performance enclosure.
- Energy Optimization Facilitation – We provide review and advice in optimizing energy performance during the design and system selection phases of a project. We will guide the energy modeling and simulation of building systems to optimize system performance and evaluate cost-efficient solutions.
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) Advisory – We assist owners in obtaining the optimal IEQ performance for their project. We recommend cost-effective, best practice strategies to enhance indoor air quality features in facilities.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Testing – We use state of the art equipment to measure numerous airborne contaminants such as formaldehyde, particulates, VOCs and carbon monoxide. Carbon dioxide may also be sampled to diagnose ventilation problems. Tests help in achieving LEED IEQ Credit 3.2 Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan – Before Occupancy (EQc3.2).
- Measurement & Verification Advisory – We assist your building team in the development and deployment of tailored solutions for measuring and monitoring system operation and performance benchmarking.
- Facility Information and Strategic Planning Services – We assist owners in strategic asset reviews. We provide electronic Operation & Maintenance manuals, equipment documentation, and project record management services. We assist in the implementation of Facility Information Management Systems for building managers and operators.
- Continuous Commissioning – We assist owners in implementing ongoing continuous performance measurement programs to achieve operational and energy cost savings goals. We guide building operators in continuous monitoring of system operation and periodic re-commissioning of critical building systems.In addition to these services, ABP has special capabilities in building system forensics, thermal envelope integrity, moisture intrusion mitigation reviews, high performing and resilient building mechanical systems, direct digital controls, and high efficacy lighting systems.
Green Design Firsts
ABP served as the Commissioning Authority for some of the very first projects in the history of LEED.
U.S. Green Building Council Headquarters, Washington DC, LEED Platinum
First building to achieve certification under the 2009 version of LEED for Commercial Interiors.
700 6th Street NW Office Building, Washington, DC, LEED Platinum
One of D.C.’s first LEED Platinum Core and Shell certified office buildings. Today, it stands as the largest with this certification.
Smith Aquatic Center, Charlottesville, VA, LEED Platinum
First LEED Platinum Certified municipal aquatics project East of the Mississippi River.
Fairfax Village Neighborhood Center, Fort Belvoir, VA, LEED Platinum
First military project and second project in the state to receive a LEED New Construction Platinum designation.
The David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA, LEED Gold
First certified convention center in North America.
Seven World Trade Center, New York, NY, LEED Gold
First LEED Gold certified office tower in NYC and the first building to achieve LEED certification under the USGBC’s Core and Shell Criteria.
Prosper Center, Beijing, China, LEED Gold
First LEED Gold certified building in Beijing and the only rentable LEED office space available in the capital.
Headquarters American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Gaithersburg, MD, LEED Gold
First nonprofit building LEED certified in Maryland.
Headquarters American Pharmacists Association, Washington DC, LEED Gold
First historic building LEED certified in the District of Columbia.
Maryland Department of Transportation Headquarters, Baltimore, MD, LEED Gold
First certified office building in Maryland.
Monument Corporate Center, Gaithersburg, MD LEED Silver
First LEED certified office building in the City of Gaithersburg.
National Association of Realtors Headquarters, Washington, DC
First office building LEED certified in the District of Columbia.
National Business Park, Columbia, MD
First LEED certified business park in Maryland
Potomac Yard South and North Office Towers, Arlington, VA
First LEED certified office building in Arlington, VA.